Kevin McDaid, Chartered Tax Adviser (ATT, CTA) Ex HMRC, 30 years + experience

52 Albert St, Thornton, Bradford, BD13 3ER Tel 01274 214979, Mob 07939 222437.

The difference between us and other accountancy practices is:   
  • You speak with us, not a secretary.  
  • The work will be completed by us, not a trainee.
  • You pay us for our expertise, not for a fancy office.
  • No delays and no excuses.

Never pay a penny more in tax than you need to ever again!

A bold statement to welcome you to this website for Crown Tax Affairs, Chartered Tax Advisers/Advisors & Accountants based in Wibsey, Bradford, West Yorkshire, but one which all accountants and tax advisers should be striving to achieve. 

Having worked for both large and small accountancy practices in the past, I know that 

many small practices are incapable of doing little more than preparing your accounts 

and tax returns annually. They only ever seem to offer the most basic of tax planning advice when you ask them if there is anything you should be doing to reduce your tax bill. If this sounds familiar, give us a call.

Larger practices will provide you with professionalism & expertise but with a significant price tag attached. 

We offer the ideal mix of large and small in that we have the experience and professionalism you would expect from a larger practice but share the caring and friendly attitude (and lower fees) that come with a smaller one.  

Not only will we complete your tax returns and accounts, we will be proactive in providing genuine tax saving HMRC compliant solutions for individuals & small businesses.

As a member of both the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) & with over 30 years tax experience (including 13 years with HMRC), my goal is to assist you in ensuring that you do keep up with your tax obligations and (legally) pay the minimum amount of tax in so doing. How can we help?
  • Are you setting up in business and want to know the most tax efficient way to operate?
  • Do you need to complete an individual or partnership Self Assessment Tax Return for the first time?
  • Are you/your business subject to a tax enquiry?
  • Do you have a small company with accounts, tax returns, dividends and payroll to be considered? 
  • Do you have an agent currently acting for you/your business and you feel they are just going through the motions year after year without any real meaningful steer to save you/your business tax?
  • Does your current agent keep sneaking his/her fee up year after year but you are not seeing any added value?
  • Are you a landlord or concerned that a transaction, such as the sale of a property that has not been your home throughout ownership, will have tax implications? 
  • Is incorporation of your property business the right way forward with the changes in interest relief due to impact from April 2017 on non corporate bodies? If so, please see our sister site for up-to-date resources. 
Whatever your tax and accountancy requirements are, we can help. 

Use this tool to see whether you need to complete a tax return: -
Of course, if there is an obligation to complete a tax return, payroll etc. penalties and interest are likely to be charged if not completed correctly or by the relevant due date.  

It would be great if you could rely on Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to provide you with all the support you need to guide you through your tax affairs but, the reality is, you are likely to struggle even getting to speak with an adviser:
  • Tax enquiry centres closed their doors to the public in 2014;
  • Revenue helplines kept people waiting an average 47 minutes (it was reported in 07/2016).
  • There has been a huge shedding of HMRC staff for several years and this will go into overdrive as the Government pursues its 'Make Tax Digital' programme which will result in the vast majority of Self-Assessment taxpayers and businesses having to report to HMRC quarterly by 2020 instead of annually via a tax return.
  • Most of the HMRC staff who are left after all but 13 out of 137 offices are closed down by 2027, will be working in tax investigations with a view to punishing those taxpayers who have fallen foul of the incredibly complex regime, rather than trying to help them get it right in the first instance!
Add to this that the UK has by far and away the largest tax legislation in the world (over 10 million words in 2016) and it follows on that most businesses and any individual with slightly complicated tax affairs will need to use the services of a tax professional.

 If you live in West Yorkshire and you are a small business, a subcontractor, a landlord or an individual requiring tax advice or a tax return completing, please get in touch. In addition, if you have a tax enquiry or wish to undertake a significant tax planning exercise such as restructuring the family business due to, say, impending retirement, please do not hesitate to contact me on the above telephone number or email. There is no charge for an initial meeting/phone conversation.  

Services covered include:
Tax Planning & returns.

Accounts preparation and company set up.

Personal, PAYE, property and investment income.

H M Revenue & Customs Investigations.

Self employed assessments.

Construction Industry Scheme.

Capital Gains Tax & Inheritance Tax.

Tax Credits.

Corporation Tax.

Overseas Taxation.


In the words of the Chartered Institute of Taxation 'By the time you find out your tax advice was poor, so are you'.

Don’t delay, call today. Be confident that you are meeting all your tax obligations whilst paying reasonable fees and making tax savings too. 

The material contained in this site is provided for information purposes only and is of a general nature. It does not constitute legal or other professional advice. You are recommended to consult with a suitably qualified tax professional before you take or refrain from any action.  Kevin McDaid/Crown Tax Affairs accepts no responsibility for any loss which may arise from or reliance on information contained in this site or other sites which may be linked from time to time to the site. Your attention is drawn to our legal notices section for further details.